30 September 2005

some thoughts from don miller

i was reading through painted deserts this morning and this paragraph just spoke to me. i offer it to you for your consideration and comments.

"and maybe when a person doesn't buy the lies anymore, when a human stops long enough to realize the stuff people say to get us to part with our money often isn't true, we can finally see the sunrise, smell the wetness in a gulf breeze, stand in awe at a downpour no less magnificent than a twenty-thousand-foot waterfall, ten square miles wide, wonder at the physics of a duck paddling itself across the surface of a pond, enjoy the reflection of the sun on the face of the moon, and know, this is what i was made to do. this is who i was made to be, that life is being given to me as a gift, that light is a metaphor, and God is doing these things to dazzle us." (77)

grace&peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEANNNNNNN!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone is great and that the baby comes sooooon! I can't wait to meet her (and I know I'm not the only one). I hope I get to see you soon! I'll probably be at church on October 23!!!! Bye!

Anonymous said...

THat last comment was from me.
--Melissa