15 November 2006

Explanation of Hiatus

Sorry that I have been absent from the blogosphere for a week or so...life got busy preparing for going out of town this week and since I don't have a laptop of my own, I must rely on the kindness of other clergy for the temporary use of theirs. Thanks Joe!

So I am currently finishing up Day 3 at the Institute for Church Planting Retreat up here on beautiful Lake Texoma at the Prothro Center. It has been a grueling 3 days and we still have 1 1/2 more to go. I am glad that I am here among friends, but I sure do miss my girls at home. I have talked to them each night, but it's just not the same as seeing them and kissing their faces as they drift off to sleep.

On a personal note (not that the previous paragraph wasn't) I would appreciate some prayers as I discern what God has called me to do in this crazy world of church planting. My personality does not immediately lend itself to a successful church plant, but there are many models to choose from and one might work for me. However, I have been intrigued by the concept of being groomed to be a follow-up pastor at a church that is transitioning out of leadership from their founding/planting pastor. Thanks!

Ok, I will now go and check some blogs that I am behind on and then read another chapter in a great book, then head for the pillow.

Grace&Peace

No comments: