27 July 2007

Recent Reads

I can't say enough good things about RELEVANT Magazine because each time I pick up the latest issue or check out the website, I learn something new or I am challenged in my walk with God. In the past week or so, I have read some great articles that I wanted to share with you.

I preached on July 15 here at Trietsch and I used this article on the movie Transformers to talk about how Optimus Prime was the "messianic figure" in the movie.

I also read an article on engaging our secular culture from outside the Christian "bubble." In addition, an article called Shattering Paradigms (Part 1 and Part 2) challenged me to look at my spiritual life in new ways.

One more article to check out...this one challenges our "traditional" model of church membership as "validity of your Christianity" instead of focusing on our relationship with God and drawing upon our personal interactions with the holy One.

Grace&Peace

No comments: