18 March 2008

Important News

OK, now that it is official news, I can blog about it...

I have received a new appointment effective June 2008. I will be the new Pastor at University UMC in Wichita Falls, TX. Debbie and I are very excited about this opportunity (as is the church) and I hope to lead this congregation to new and vital ministry within the WF community.

Please pray for Debbie and I as we begin the moving process. Please pray specifically for:
  • Dean - seeking the heart of God to cast vision for a new congregation
  • Dean - avoiding "unplugging" from Trietsch between now and June 1
  • Dean - preparing my heart and schedule for weekly preaching
  • Debbie - decisions about future employment (continue working or stay home)
  • Debbie - planning/organizing the move
  • Debbie & Dean - possibly maintaining two households over the summer
  • Debbie & Dean - possibilities for daycare/MDO for Caitlyn in WF
  • Debbie & Dean - communication about all things related to this new appointment
  • Debbie & Dean - seeking the heart of God for our shared ministry at University

I will post more about this over the next few weeks, but for now, your prayers are the most precious things for us.

No comments: