28 April 2008

Just Finished PGTC

I finished Pop Goes the Church this morning and I can't wait to share the insights from the book with my new church. I pray that we can work together to leverage pop culture in order to bring more people into a relationship with Christ thru UUMC.

I know that the transition and integration may be difficult, but I truly feel that the move toward a more culturally relevant approach to ministry will pay off dividends long into the future. I have seen this approach to ministry work very well at Trietsch and I can only imagine what life transformations could be on the horizons for University as we move forward in this endeavor.

Thanks Tim, for your book, your love for people who are loved by God, and your passion for sharing the successes of GCC! May we all have the opportunity to help everyone in our community to know that they matter to God and they matter to us.

No comments: