06 February 2009

Mad About Mad Church Disease!

I pre-ordered three copies of Mad Church Disease from Amazon back in September and they arrived at my doorstep one week ago. I have already finished it. It was phenomenal! I plan to re-read it several times before Anne comes to speak at University in April, but I also plan to truly interact with the questions and exercises that she lays out for her readers.

I have a feeling that this book will be a welcomed breath of fresh air for pastors and church workers who are on the brink of burning out - no matter what the reason(s).

If you would like on of my extra copies, let me know and I let you have one. I plan to keep several copies of the book on my shelf to hand out as I meet pastors who may need her encouragement.

If you want your own copy of Mad Church Disease, just click here.

4 comments:

Anne Jackson said...

Can't wait to be out there. Glad you enjoyed the book. As it gets to be closer, let me know what you'd like the evening to look like!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dean! Glad to see some new posts! I'm sure you hear this a lot, but how's it going up there in WF? Oh yeah, I finally graduated!

On a note related to the blog post, I'm looking forward to checking out MCD since I'm kinda working for free at FUMC Plano ha!

Talk to you soon!

-Andrew Hamilton

Rev_DeanL said...

Anne - I am quickly gaining clarity on what your evening with us should look like. Reading the book helped tremendously!

Andrew - Congrats on finally finishing college (I am reminded of a scene from Tommy Boy...) Let me know your address and I can send you my extra copy of MCD.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dean! I'll send you an email.