29 February 2008

Friday Brain Dump - 2/29

Here are some random things running thru my head or across my computer screen that don't really fit neatly into categories. Or, they are just things I need to get out of my head so they don't cramp my style all weekend. Six of one, half-dozen of another....
  • Mark Batterson's thoughts about meetings
  • WIRED Magazine's list of Best Sidekicks - all I have to say is "Where's Al Borland?"
  • I am really bummed that I have to miss Bible study next week for a mandatory seminar on anti-racism...I mean, come on...I'm not a racist, nor do I plan on becoming one...so why do I have to go to a two-night seminar on it?
  • Dear Lord, I pray that someone wants to send me to this workshop. Amen.
  • This magazine continues to make me think about how much overlap there is between the world and the church...especially when I read this.
  • I am so confused about how the process works...mostly because getting my hopes up equals getting my family's hopes up...and if the process breaks down, then my family suffers. And I don't like that at all!
  • I am excited about preaching on Maundy Thursday, but I wish I had some more time to prepare...I guess I'll talk about the Last Supper since time is running short.
  • It's Leap Day...happy birthday to all you "Leap Babies" out there! Enjoy your special day - it only comes once every four years!

That's enough for today!

No comments: