21 July 2005

hospitals

why must there be a million different baylor regional medical centers here in the metroplex? it's not like they aren't close to each other or anything! i spent two hours today driving around irving, dallas, coppell, farmers branch, lewisville, and flower mound trying to find one of the baylor regional medical centers.

i normally don't complain about having to make hospital visits because it is part of my job, but today was just not a good day for me to make this hospital visit. don't get me wrong, the man who i visited in the icu appreciated my visit, but getting there was no bueno.

before my 70-mile round-the-town trip to the hospital, i had a great lunch with one of my most dedicated ya volunteers - david taylor. i enjoyed the opportunity to get to know him a little bit better as well as find a new place to have a great lunch - the village grill. he has terrific insights into the history and the future of ya ministry, as well as a heart for the kids. thanks for lunch david, and thanks for your ministry to the yas of tmumc!

grace&peace

No comments: