30 January 2007

Recent First Impressions

I wanted to share a few stories about some recent businesses I have worked with and how they made an impression on me.

Bickner Dance Floor Rentals
I used this company to rent a wooden dance floor for the Elevate Christmas party. I spoke with Jonathen Warren to set up the rental and met him in person because he delivered and installed the floor I rented. He was personable, friendly, timely, and shared some funny stories about other jobs he had worked.

Jonathen worked quickly and made sure that everything was just right before he left from installing the floor. He was prompt in returning to pick up the floor and his crew wasted no time getting the job done. Thanks Jonathen!


Chick-Fil-A on 407
I stopped by this Chick-Fil-A about a month ago because I needed to get out of the office and just be somewhere else for a change. I went and ordered a large lemonade and found a table where I could sit, read my Bible, pray, and journal. After being there for about 20 minutes or so, the girl who took my order walked around the lobby to clean tables, etc. and she offered to refill my drink without my prompting. I was caught a little off-guard, but agreed because I did indeed need more lemonade. She brought back my cup full of lemonade with a smile. About 20 minutes later, she came by again and offered me another refill with a smile.

I didn't catch the girl's name, but I know one of the managers over there, so I will try to find out from him. I am continually impressed at the level of quality service that Chick-Fil-A is dedicated to offer using teenagers and 20-somethings in their day-to-day operations. And I am doubly impressed that they still close on Sundays in order to provide their workers with the opportunity to worship and spend time with their families. Kudos!


Kwik Kar on Preston in Plano
One Saturday afternoon, Debbie, Caitlyn, and I were out running errands and my wife needed the oil changed in her Highlander. She had been to this Kwik Kar location previously and had a good experience, so we drove over there because it just happened to be on our way to another destination in our errand run. From the outside, everything looked like the typical Kwik Kar location, but once we stepped into the waiting area I knew this place was different.

The lobby had stone tile flooring, leather couches, glass top coffee tables, a massage chair, CURRENT magazines, a collection of antique model cars, flat screen TVs, and not a drop of oil anywhere. Debbie and I sat down with Caitlyn and immediately marveled at the attention to detail that the owners had placed on their lobby/waiting area. We struck up a conversation with a fellow patron about kids and families and how ignorant we all are about cars. We felt very relaxed and comfortable. Deb's car was ready to go before we knew it and we didn't even need to use a shower of anti-bacterial sanitizer upon exiting. Great job guys!

So, what places have made an impression on you lately?

Grace&Peace

No comments: