21 March 2007

Weekend

Ok, so this post didn't exactly happen as promised, but it is here nonetheless.

Deb and I had a great weekend visiting friends and family in Austin and San Antonio, but like always, the trip was too short.

On Friday we left early in the morning and stopped in Austin to visit Caitlyn's godparents, Rachel and Morgan. We enjoyed catching up with them, seeing Caitlyn play with their daughter, Haley, and eating a great lunch. We headed from there to Deb' folks house (where we always stay) for the rest of the weekend.

On Saturday morning we drove to the other side of SA to visit Holly, Tres, and Bella. Deb and Holly have been friends since kindergarten and it is always fun to reconnect with them. When we got back to my in-law's, Debbie's brother Mark was there. We watched the Aggies beat Louisville to advance to the Sweet 16 - Whoop!

Sunday took us to mass at my in-law's church, then to Target (for my first cup of coffee all weekend), and then to Alamo Cafe for lunch. I spent the rest of the day working a "challenger" sudoku and the NYT crossword puzzle (I finished the sudoku, but not the crossword).

We headed out about 9:30 on Monday morning and arrived safely back in Dallas in the early afternoon. All in all it was a great trip. I sure wish Caitlyn would have coughed a little less and slept a little more in the car, but such is life.

BTW, we purchased a portable DVD player for the Highlander to take on trips such as this. I must say that it was definitely a good purchase (not to Caitlyn just yet, but for Deb and I...Caitlyn will grow to like it, she just does not have the attention span for it yet).

Well, that's our weekend. Now I think I would like to post something on leadership.

Grace&Peace

No comments: