23 June 2008

The Big 3-0!

I have officially entered my fourth decade of existence! I celebrated the ending of my 20s and the beginning of my 30s yesterday with a delicious steak from Texas Roadhouse and a piece of four-layer chocolate/chocolate cake from Margie's.

Thank you to all of you who sent cards and/or gifts. I thank you for not stocking our cupboards with Geritol or Fibercon as well.

I pray that my 30s bring me closer to my family, closer to my Lord, and further along in my ministry in the name of Jesus Christ.

Peace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Rev. Dean. I too had to start buying my Depends last January!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated b-day as well! You know, I also turned 30 on the 4th and I am seriously having a major identity crisis because of it. Never thought in a MILLION years that something as simple as a number - 30 - could make me feel so weird and torn inside. I've decided to go sky-diving in honor of it, beginning of August, wish me luck, ha ha ha!!!

Rev_DeanL said...

Jared - thanks man! I hope our 30-year old bodies just start shutting down for no good reason!

Kelly - I would love to go skydiving, but I would need to convice Debbie that she should go with me (and I can barely get her into a plane that doesn't plan on opening the door during flight!)