10 August 2008

Sunday Night Reflections

I just wanted to fire off some quick thoughts about today that I need to get out of my head before I head off to sleep.
  • Preaching on the older son this morning really challenged me to think more carefully about my attitude toward Christians who came to faith later in life - even at the end of their life.
  • The LOST series was a great time of reflection on the whole concept of grace - I think I understand more about what God is doing in my life now that I have preached these messages
  • I am crazy excited that we are podcasting our sermons - I talked with at least five people today who were pumped about being able to hit up the website to hear the sermons - praise God!
  • I am truly excited about this fall - we are going to launch something in September that has never been done before at University and I can't wait to see it take off!
  • I talked about Christmas Eve worship this morning and this afternoon (mostly about how I want to see the Sanctuary full that night), but I know it will be an evening that God moves dramatically in our church - start praying now about who you can bring that night
  • Next weekend I will be talking about Jesus living in our neighborhood (John 1) and the music will be provided by the Gathering Storm praise band - I am pumped about hearing them for the first time
  • I have been listening and reading stuff from Perry again, and I think I need to start working on my weight again, please pray that I can take the small steps needed to start living healthier
  • I love Deb - she is so passionate about making our new house truly ours and I just hope that I can keep up with her plans for redecorating / remodeling!
  • I love Caitlyn - she is so full of life and energy - it's a wonder she sleeps at all! (I will definitely record her praying "Dear God, help them at daddy's church..." and post it here soon!)
  • I love Jesus - he is the one who has brought me this far and I know that none of what I am doing now would be possible without his grace

I will post some thoughts from the Leadership Summit tomorrow, I'm tired - time for bed.

No comments: