21 August 2008

My Bible Journey

For the past few years I have been using a Bible-reading system to help me read thru the Bible each year. Sometimes I have been more sporadic than consistent, but as I enter into the next season of ministry here at University, I know I need to lead with my heart and soul buried deep in scripture.

This morning I was reading and reflecting on several passages and I wanted to share a few that just leaped off the page for me.

Jeremiah 21.2, perhaps God will work wonders here too!
Jeremiah 21.8-9, make a choice
Jeremiah 24.7, I want a heart like this
Jeremiah 27.11, seems counter-intuitive, but who am I to question God

Psalm 118.6, AMEN!
Psalm 118.22-23, Jesus is very much a part of the Old Testament
Psalm 118.28, Yes, Lord!

1 John 2.2, Jesus is our atoning sacrifice and our advocate
1 John 2.3-6, words to memorize and live by
1 John 2.9-11, are you mad at someone right now?
1 John 2.17, The world passes away, but those who do God's will live forever - I want to be part of that!

No comments: